1. Giant sell
The average gasoline engine of a passenger car with 100 hp consumes 6-8 cubic meters of air per minute during operation. Diesel units of road cars per minute drive up to 40 cubic meters of air through an air filter.
2. The last frontierManufacturing a filter requires precision precision. The life of the engine depends on the operation of the filter. Manufacturing a filter requires precision precision. The life of the engine depends on the operation of the filter.
However, today the inlet air path is the only channel through which abrasive particles can enter the engine. First, into the combustion chamber, then to the cylinder walls, and then through the oil channels to the crankshaft bearings and connecting rod journals. The task of the engine air filter, on which cubic meters of dirty air fly, is to prevent premature wear of the engine and its failure. A low-quality filter will not cope with this task.
3. Give the microscope!An accordion is a great way to increase the area of the filtering surface in a limited space. An accordion is a great way to increase the area of the filtering surface in a limited space.
Today, a high-quality manufacturer's air filter filters out microparticles ranging in size from 3-5 microns. Such particles cannot even be seen with the naked eye. For comparison, the thickness of a human hair is about 70 microns, and the average length of a microbe is 1–5 microns.
4. NanofibersThe structure of modern filter media is akin to molecular. The structure of modern filter media is akin to molecular.
High-quality air filters use materials that are a combination of cellulose, synthetic, and sometimes nanofibers, which trap particles that are dangerous to the engine.
5. Second attemptIn order to ensure quality cleaning, air filters require periodic replacement. In order to ensure quality cleaning, air filters require periodic replacement.
Unlike oil filters, through which contaminated oil can pass repeatedly during the cleaning process, the air filter must remove contamination immediately and permanently. There will be no second attempt: the same air will never enter the air intake twice. The air filter is somewhat similar to a sapper - one mistake can become fatal.
6. Name PriceMANN-FILTER is one of those companies whose assortment includes filters for almost all types of vehicles. MANN-FILTER is one of those companies whose assortment includes filters for almost all types of vehicles.
In our country, car enthusiasts still often put on cheap noname filters from manufacturers. The installation of such a filter does not affect the behavior of the engine during the first kilometers. It will affect later, when the engine instead of 300 thousand kilometers will pass a third and require repair. In addition, when using cheap filters, fuel consumption increases, which will lead to much greater costs than the “savings” on the air filter.
7. Pressure drop
It is believed that the filter for a passenger car requires replacement when the pressure drop at the inlet is 20 millibars. However, none of motorists is engaged in measurements of this value in real life. This is done at the factory during the lengthy tests preceding the release of the model. As a result, the optimal filter replacement range for a particular model is determined.
8. Another landAnd how often would you suggest to change the air filter, participating in such races? And how often would you suggest to change the air filter, participating in such races?
The life of the air filter is largely dependent on the place of work. For example, on Western European roads, the concentration of dust in the air is 0.2–1.0 mg / m³, in Scandinavia and Southern Europe - 1.0–6.0 mg / m³, on dirt roads - 10.0–80.0 mg / m³. With a high concentration of dust in the air (more than 10 mg / m 3 ), the engine life is reduced by several times. Therefore, if the car is operated in dusty conditions, it is recommended to change the filter more often.
9. Just packers
Filters are produced by a small number of companies, but there is a long line of packers under various brands. If there is no Made in … inscription on the box or on the filter with the country of production, then this is the product of the packer, which is not recommended to be bought.
10. High reputationAir filters are needed not only for engines, but also for car interiors. Air filters are needed not only for engines, but also for car interiors.
Automakers choose filters that, according to their technical specifications, are developed and manufactured by companies with an impeccable reputation, possessing modern technologies, equipment and advanced quality control systems. Such as, for example, MANN + HUMMEL, which provides almost the entire global fleet of vehicles with original filters and supplies these filters to the secondary market under the MANN-FILTER brand.
Three main misconceptions about the air filter
- It is impossible to determine the filter replacement threshold either by appearance, or by smell, or by ear, or by touch. The only criterion is the service life set in kilometers by the manufacturer.
- Life and filtering options are not the same thing. Therefore, the frequent change of cheap air filters is not equivalent to installing one authorized filter for the entire interservice period. In other words, three inexpensive nameless filters, having worked alternately at a distance of 30, 000 km, cannot purify the air as thoroughly as one high-quality filter will do for the same run.
- Filter - the part is not universal. The interchangeability of filters is determined only by the manufacturer. Air filters are created for a specific type of engine, taking into account its characteristics, the frequency of maintenance and even the place under the hood.